Sunday, March 29, 2009

More Weekend (Amanda's old blog)

Well, I went to my stepsister's bridal shower this morning. It was lovely - pink and tulle and mimosas oh my! Unfortunately, I left my camera in the car, because I'm a dunce. I shall now recite the three steps to having plenty of photos for my blog:

1. Own a decent camera (check!)
2. Keep the battery charged (working on it: probably going to buy a new one soon.)
3. Keep the camera on you.

Right. Next time I go to a super crafty, fun, blogworthy event, I vow to charge my camera and not leave it in the car. ... ... Ok, I vow to TRY.

So, my roommate Stacy is talking about centerpieces for her wedding. She's been going back and forth for a while - the most recent (and most promising) idea is lilacs. Apparently her aunt has 3 lilac bushes by her house - one white, one light purple and one deep purple. And purple happens to be Stacy's favorite color, and one of her wedding colors, AND they'll be in bloom during the month of her wedding! So we're talking about what she can do with lilacs, mason jars, and possibly LED lights. Fun stuff.


So, I think my next entry will be about my pet rats. I told you before that I built their cage and toys. And I did it all on the cheap! So I'll show you all that stuff when I have pictures. For now, let me introduce you to the rats themselves! I gave them a bath today because they were starting to get stinky.


The black one is the girl, her name is Myelin. The grey one is the boy, his name is Kashyyyk. No, that is not a typo.

I always put an egg carton in the bath for them to float around on. They hang onto it for dear life - they hate the water. But don't they look so cute all wet?

Alright. I have to go revise my paper and get to bed. It's been a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment