Sunday, March 29, 2009

Psychology Undergraduate Research Conference (Amanda's old blog)

Yesterday was eventful! I went to a psychology undergraduate research conference in a tiny town just south of Jackson that I've never heard of before. It was a lot of fun, I got to see some interesting research from other people at various Michigan colleges. And I got to present my research, which was fun. I was there with a few other people from Dr. Baker's lab, including Elyse - another undergrad and a friend of mine.


Tada! I'm on the right, on the left is Elyse. We are proudly displaying our research.


It was a lot of fun. There was a talk on developmental evolutionary psychology. Good stuff.

Then I came home and spent the evening hanging out with my mom. I recently inspired my mom to start collecting buttons more seriously - for crafting purposes. She has amassed a really large collection in a very short time.


Both those cardboard boxes are FULL!

She and I are brainstorming ways to use them. I want to get big mason jars and sort them by color, material or size. Or all three. Right now she's just keeping them based on how she ordered them. There are a million crafts we could do with these. It's fun, and inspiring!

So she showed me some new ones she got recently. These are all glass buttons.


Look at the colors! The patterns! The detail!

There's a lot of blue because my mom likes blue. Anyway, I just thought I'd share - my mom has a really good eye and is willing to spend the time looking for good materials.

That's all for now, I gotta run! It's a busy weekend. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment