Friday, November 13, 2009

cranking out the fun

Life as a fifth year college student is no joke. I just found out that I will be able to graduate in the spring (and then start the wonderful search for grad schools catering to German linguistics in between working on my wedding and saving money for the future so I can eat). Therefore most of the stuff I have been working on craft-wise has been for people I know.

First off are these lovely hats. The one on the left and the one in the middle are patterns from Rheatheylia.com. I absolutely love this website. The creator's patterns are so creative! The hat on the right is my own pattern. I made these for my cousins just for the simple reason that I love them and they're pretty cool.

I pumped out this hat in the car on the way to Youmacon a ocuple weekends ago. I was going to be cosplaying as Noodle from the Gorillaz (I'm a big fan of the artist who created them). I was trying to make Noodle's outfit from their Dirty Harry video.


Gini and I had a crochet/knit exchange back in September with a few friends. I ended up with her name and made her a Shroomish hat. Shroomish is one of those adorable, unpopular pokemon. I have plans to someday crochet an amigurumi Shroomish, but that will probably take place after exams.

Recently I decided to give sushi scarves a try. Sushi scarves are scarves that, when rolled up, look like sushi rolls. I searched high and low on Etsy for a california roll sushi scarf, but couldn't find one. This scarf is the first of hopefully many to come. It's going to be a Christmas present for a friend of mine, so shhhhhhh ~_^

Expect more interesting tidbits in a couple weeks as I work more on Christmas presents/birthday presents for people!

No comments:

Post a Comment