Friday, November 20, 2009

Gloves, gloves, gloves!

I've been on a glove-crafting spree lately.
To start with, I made two pairs of fingerless gloves, on slightly different designs:




























Sorry about the weird image alignment.
Spiked fingerless gloves has a sort of timeless elegance, if you ask me. I got a bulk order of these gloves, so I've been playing around with different spike configurations (on the knuckles versus in between the knuckles). The gloves are available on etsy here and here.

I also made these, which were substantially more work:














I came into a set of cold weather motorcycle gloves, and I decided to modify each one on a slightly different design. I've nicknamed these "the Morningstars," due to the their resemblance to the sort of thing that would be bashing in the skulls of knights on a tenth century battlefield.
Pretty cool, right? Well, I felt that my own winter gloves were somewhat lacking in comparison by this point, so I made these:




























I've had the idea of doing scales on the outside, chain on the inside for a while, and I think it came together quite nicely.
At some point, I plan on adding no small amount of spikes to the backs of the hands, and maybe trying to forge some steel talons to go over the fingertips. It'll be no small amount of ridiculous, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment