Friday, December 25, 2009

Bleach stenciling: it actually works!

Sorry I have not posted for a few weeks. But today/tonight I have a special post!

Recently I discovered the joy of bleach stenciling and have finally figured out my own technique!

My brother is, as all unique individuals, extremely difficult when it comes to making him a present for Christmas. However! He has an obsession with Kurt Vonnegut. So I bring your attention toooooo:
And that's just the close up of the image! When I took the stencil off of the shirt and checked out the bleach, I was amazed. Simply amazed. The mustache, the glasses frames...it came out perfect!

My brother had mentioned yesterday during dinner that he really wanted a Kurt Vonnegut shirt. My fiance nudged me repeatedly under the table. He wore the shirt today. I am pleased. And want to make more stencils now.

No comments:

Post a Comment