Sunday, December 6, 2009

Second scale skirt!

So after seeing the first skirt I made another friend decided to commission one for herself.
I finished it a while ago, and finally gave it to her last night.

Back view:


A closeup:


A closeup of the choker:



The skirt is made from large aluminum-clad steel scales, with black steel for the trim. There were a few stylist changes, in order to differentiate it from the other skirt; smaller and more frequent petals, no belt, different metals, etc.
There are about 1500 scales total in the skirt. It's all held together with butted rings.
The choker was made from scales I had leftover when I finished the skirt, and was sort of a surprise gift. She had mentioned that she liked the idea of a scale choker, and it seemed appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you could sell the large aluminum-clad scales???? I have been looking for similar products for my corset, but have had no such luck.

    ReplyDelete