Monday, May 25, 2009

Blog love (Amanda's old blog)

I almost forgot! I wanted to tell you about this hilarious blog I discovered a few weeks ago. It's about fashion, but she talks about a lot of other stuff. She's insanely funny - I've been reading her archives and laughing out loud constantly (my roommates are about ready to kill me, no joke).

Anyway, her name is Winona and her blog is called Daddy Likey, and I kinda want to marry her. She's a lot like me: chatty, opinionated, loves loud/funky accessories, overuses hyperbole and nags her boyfriend and the other men in her life about girly things like fashion. Seriously, she needs to be my new best friend (ironically [or not-so-ironically], that's something she would say).

While we're at it, here's a list of the other blogs I frequent. I highly recommend them all!

The tag line for Cake Wrecks really explains it all: "when professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong." People send in photos of cakes they ordered that turned out terribly for one reason or another, and Jen makes fun of them. And damn, is she funny.

Then there's the ever-lovely Princess Lasertron whom I have gushed about enough already, but in case you're (as Daddy Likey would say) new to this blog and/or have amnesia, I'll remind you: She makes hand embroidered felt-and-button bouquets.

I just discovered Solanah over at Vixen Vintage a few weeks ago. I'm in love with her etsy shop, I'm constantly checking it to see if she has new stuff. She wears and sells all vintage clothing, jewelry and makeup. She looks fantastic and classic, and her shop has a wonderful selection.

I check The Fug Girls' blog intermittantly. I discovered them through Daddy Likey. It's good for a laugh when you're bored - they make fun of celebrities' poor fashion sense. And while I love making fun of celebrities and looking at godawful fashion, it's just not a daily-checker for me. It's one of those blogs that's best when you save it up and read a bunch of entries at once. I feel they're funnier that way.

And of course, the ever-helpful JustBento is my favorite food blog. Maki posts useful Japanese cooking tips as well as recipes and general information about Bento equipment, style, philosophy, health information, budget-friendly bentos, vegetarian-bentos... you name it, she's got it. She's fantastic. This is definitely a daily-check blog for me. I still haven't finished reading the archives. I'm savoring them. At least that's what I tell myself.

So that's my blog love for today. Back to knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment