Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm REALLY sorry (Amanda's old blog)

It's been almost 2 weeks. I'm a horrible blogger, I'm sorry. These are those moments when I remind myself that I have like, 5 readers, and I talk to you all regularly anyway. So it's cool.

I have been crafting, but I don't currently have photos. I just wanted to check in and give you a little update on what I've been up to lately. My roommates are getting married on Saturday, so like 90% of the stuff I'm doing this week is related to their wedding. Which tells you how totally not-busy I am lately, because I have like 2 responsibilities for their wedding.

So, my latest crafts. Well, I handed off the button bouquet to Val. She's making felt flowers to go with. I'm working on the forwards-H print for their thank-you cards. I made one mistake, but I'm planning on incorporating it into the design. I hope it turns out well. I've really learned on this print that I need to go more slowly. I really rush my block prints - they're more time consuming than I give them credit for.

I'm also knitting a baby blanket for my stepsister Carly. She's having a baby shower the first weekend of June, so I've been knitting up a storm - blankets take surprisingly long (I don't know why I expect all crafts to be quick).
My other stepsister, Beth, got married last week. I brought Brandon and we had a lot of fun. He met my entire stepfamily and a lot of close family friends, which was great and sort of hilarious (one of my dad's childhood buddies threatened Brandon no less than 3 times: "You be good to her or you'll have me to answer to." It was pretty much the funniest thing ever). There are photos on the photographer's website.

I'm also doing a lot of cooking this week. I made a huge pot of cabbage soup yesterday. That should last us most of the week. I'm also making cookies for the dessert table at my roommates wedding, which means I'm baking a batch of cookies pretty much every day this week. It's really hard to make enough - not because weddings are big, but because Eric (the groom) keeps eating the cookie dough. I'm about ready to kill him. I think I should make some banana muffins to fend him off.


My other roommate Hal has been getting into bread baking lately. I think he has taken pictures of some of his projects - I'll see if I can get him to lend me the photos. So far everything he's baked has turned out wonderfully. No word yet on whether he has solar hands, though.

Again, sorry for the radio silence. I'll try to be more diligent from here on out. And hopefully I'll get some photos at the wedding this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment