Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Balancing Act

Hi, Kittie here!

I know it's been a while. I have had to figure out the fun balancing act between classes, work, planning a wedding, and crafting. Since most of the people I want to make presents for have birthdays in October, November, and December the crochet hooks/sewing machine have come forth once more! Sadly I can't find my cable to my camera, otherwise I'd put up some of the stuff I've been working on.

I do have a couple of things to add to the etsy shop once I can upload my camera. First is a lovely crocheted miniature top hat. The prototype can be seen below. Gini bought a pretty bodice and decided to have an emergency costume party. I dressed up as a doll. The hat was such a hit that I made another!

Another thing I am thinking about adding is an outrageously awesome fabric scraps scarf I just made today. It is black flannel on the bottom and a whole bunch of fabric scraps for the top. Gini calls it a quilted scarf. Good title?



I'll try to put things up soon on both Etsy and here as soon as I can upload my pictures!

The EGL top hat is up on Etsy!

Here are some projects I have been working on...



This bag is for my mother for her birthday. I was lucky to find both a GVSU shirt and a WMU shirt at the thrift store. I thought it was fitting for her to have a bag that represents both my brother (who goes to GVSU) and me (WMU).








I made this rainbow hat. The pattern is here. I love the use of different crochet stitches. I recently made another hat with this pattern, but in cream colored yarn for a coworker.

No comments:

Post a Comment