Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kittie: Crafting for Garage Sale

Hi, it's Kittie.

My grandparents (and everybody on my mom's side of the family) are having a garage sale next week. Mom thought it'd be a great idea if I tried to sell some of my "wares", so I've been working on simple hemp jewelry and stuff of that sort.


One kind of mp soap I've been working on are these soapsicles. Sweet pea and cucumber melon scented soaps that look like popsicles. I'm going to try to make one more batch of 8 to have enough (I gave one sweet pea scented soap to my mother-in-law).


I also have a sort-of job. I upcycle t-shirts and make them cooler looking or turn them into bags, then send them to a consignment shop in my hometown. The owner pays me a percentage of the profit. She has a couple of my shirts up on display, however she wants me to start making bags because they seem to sell better. I do have a few bags I've made so far, as well as one left at home for my dad to bring to the shop. I'm working on some more ideas in my mind. However, crafting without a steady income is hard.



In crafts for myself, I am decorating a pair of shoes Gini helped me get for less than 10 bones...and that are in my size. I have small feet. Watchmen is a favorite comic of mine. I'm always trying to find little boy batman shoes to wear, but every shoe out there is either spiderman or the incredible hulk. I gave up on that idea, deciding to focus on a more obscure comic for my feet.
One shoe down, one to go.

My big thing to work more on are my crochet hats. It's the start of summer. Nobody wants warm winter hats right now. But I like Portal a little too much. And besides, I need a variety of stuff to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment