Sunday, June 7, 2009

Introduction of sorts

Hi, I'm Kittie. Stealing an entry from Amanda. Mwahaha.

I live in a quaint little college town known lately for its apartment fires. I'm a super senior, screwed over by the study abroad office after living and studying in Germany for 13 months. Major: Deutsch. Minor: Nihongo. Dream career in life: translating literature and comics, or adding subtitles to foreign films. Anything that involves me being surrounded by books.

Crafting runs in my family. Well, my dad's side of the family. I crochet, sew, play with clay, macrame it up, and [not lately] draw. I feel strongest crocheting and doing basic macrame, although polymer clay will most likely join the ranks. Sewing is more of a hobby right now.


Most of the stuff that I make can be tied to video games, anime/manga, or other geekdoms. I have a penchant for crocheting octopi and other fishy critters.

My fiance and I have started dabbling in soap making. We've started with simple melt and pour soaps for now, but plan to move onto cold process soaps (made with lye) eventually. Eventually being when we finally get married and live together and he lets me strew my crafty projects all over the place. I've started working on t-shirt surgeries and am trying to perfect that technique.

Crafting I'd one day like to try: resin, glass, making really awesome soaps, and taking over the world

No comments:

Post a Comment