Monday, June 15, 2009

Gini: Knitting

So the first thing you need to know about me is that I am craft ADD. I constantly jump from one project to another, and rarely finish anything. You may have noticed that yesterday I posted about chain mail, and today's title involves knitting. And in fact, I've been doing mostly crocheting for the past 6 months, with some intermittent sewing. None of these crafts is my forte, in fact I consider myself to be mediocre at all of them, at best. My roommate crochets much better than I do, my boyfriend is extremely meticulous when it comes to sewing and chain mail, and excels at both. And knitting, well, lately I find knitting to be tedious and boring.

But why is today's blog post about knitting then, you ask, if a week ago I would have claimed to have given it up for good? Well, because I went home to my mom's house today (Wyoming, MI), to find my aunt had purchased this at a garage sale for 3 dollars, and gifted it to me, as my grandmother had no interest in it. (see photo below)

Contents of box:

1 "Learn to Knit" booklet, copyright 1968
1 "Sweaters for Women" pattern book, copyright 1982
2 pair size 7 knitting needles, 1 still in package
1 pair size 5 knitting needles, still in package
1 pair size 3 knitting needles, still in package
1 size 5 29 in. circular needle
3 unidentified double pointed needle, 2 plastic, 1 aluminum
1 pack of two yarn needles
1 saftey pin
1 stitch holder
2 different unidentified skeins of yellow yarn and
7 skeins and 1 ball of Carron 'Dazzle Aire' color 2672 Pebble

I can't tell how old the yarn is, probably at least 10 years. The person seemed to have an affinity for odd size numbered needles. I couldn't resist my self, so I started knitting this scarf. which I will probably never finish. What I really should do is finish the Jayne Cobb hat I was making my roommate for her birthday that was in January.

If you are interested in seeing some other things that I have knit in the past, check out my deviant art page here.

That's all for now,

Gini

Oh, hey boss-lady Amanda, can I post about gardening? That is almost a craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment